Well its been only a day since the Mac OSX Leopard was released officially by Apple and the hackers have managed to create a patched DVD that everyone like you and me can use to install Leopard on PC’s without having to buy a Mac. Please note the tutorial that I am going to post is still experimental and things might not work the right way simply because it is still early days in hacking Leopard to work on PC’s. Well if you don’t mind your PC getting screwed then go ahead and try out this tutorial.
Make sure you backup all important data before you proceed. Here are the things that you will need before Install Leopard on your PC…
- The Patched DVD Image
- The zip file containing the patch
- One pen drive or USB Flash Drive formatted as FAT32
Well once you have all these you can go ahead and Install Leopard..
Step 1. Getting things ready
- Burn the DVD Image onto a Single Layer DVD-R using a software like Nero.
- Format the USB Flash Drive and the drive label should be "Patcher" without the quotes. Please note it has to be "Patcher" only and nothing else for the patch to work when we apply it later.
- Extract the Zip file and put its contents into the USB Flash Drive.
- Now your USB Drive should contain a folder called "files", if it doesn’t then check to see where you have gone wrong.
Step 2. Installing Leopard
- Now that you have the Patched DVD with you, you can now install Leopard. Pop in the DVD into the drive and boot into it by pressing F12 at the BIOS Prompt.
- Boot into the DVD and the installer should now load. It take a while though, so be patient.
- Select your Language and make sure you select Customize and you need to deselect all the packages that are displayed.
- Leopard will now install. This can take a while, so go grab yourself a coffee.
- It will ask you to Reboot, so go ahead and Reboot. Before rebooting make sure that USB Flash Drive is connected to the PC.
Step 3. Patching Leopard
Some Updates and Clarifications :
- This Hack works on Intel PC’s with atleast SSE3
- You need to format your Leopard Partition to HFS+
- Make Sure you install Leopard on MBR and not GUID or it won’t boot.
- More Patched DVD’s from Uphuck, Netkas is in the works so it would be better if you wait for the polished releases to come out.